Sunday, November 11, 2007

I love my husband!

A friend of mine from high school called me very early this morning. I always say that if the phone rings and it's before 7, something isn't right.
Once again, that theory has been proven true.

She sounded so sad.

Her worst nightmare, a worst nightmare for a lot of people, had come to life.

She said, "I'm not so good."
She went on to tell me that her husband was on his way home from work on Friday night and was in a car accident and killed.

My heart broke for her, and is still breaking. I can't even imagine how sad she must feel right now. They have 3 kids and were SO in love! They didn't have a lot of fancy things, but had each other and that was all they needed.

I'm so sad for her right now and there isn't a thing I can do for her.

I went outside to Kenny, where he was raking leaves l and just held him in my arms and made a promise to NEVER take him for granted. I can't even fathom life without him.

We talked about it and we made a promise to each other to never leave mad or upset. ALWAYS leave on good terms.

My heart aches for my friend and I just hope she finds her new normal and is able to live a different kind of life.

No comments: